This introductory class will provide you the basic steps for developing a fundraising plan, including tips on:
• Making your case for support
• Diversifying your organization’s fundraising base
• Creating a plan of action
- AND -
- AND -
Are you new to the field of grantseeking? Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course. You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
• Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
• What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
• How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
• In-person classes will end with 30 minutes of hands-on, guided online grant research. It is advisable, but not necessary, to bring a laptop/tablet for this portion of the class.